Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Leif's Pay it Forward

Part 1
Pay it forward is the act of helping others for nothing in return and if they ask "How can I repay you?", tell them to pay it forward.  

Part 2
 For pay it forward I did two acts of kindness, The first one I donated some old childhood toys to the  Canadian mental Heath Agency new family room which had little to no toys before, some also went to a single parent family with 4 kids through Child+family services that are facing financial challenges. My second act was volunteering at Winnipeg Harvest, at Winnipeg harvest they have over 200 volunteers a day with over 80 food banks and soup kitchens over Winnipeg, and it turns out a food shortage could happen to almost anyone. My first job there was to load break into small containers and loaded them on to pallets in the storage area, after that was finished we started to fill out orders which required a certain amount of food items per pallets. After the order was loaded onto the pallet it was then wrapped and ready to be transported to the location, or it was dropped off at the loading area for pick up. I choose the first one cause my aunt worked at the Heath agency and she knew they needed toys, the second one was chosen due to it location near our house and that they had an orienteering course on the next day.



Part 3
How did your act of kindness go?
It went pretty well and it was also pretty fun volunteering at Winnipeg harvest, I met some nice people there.
What Happened?
I worked for about 3 hours at Winnipeg harvest filling out orders.
How did you feel?
I felt great after I volunteered at Harvest it felt great knowing that I was helping those who couldn't afford their own food. 

How did the person or people react?
They were thankful for us donating those toys and helping out harvest too.

If you did not ask the person to "Pay It Forward" how come?
I guess I kind of forgot, but everyone at Winnipeg harvest were all volunteers and no one asked for anything there they were just happy to help others.

Part 4
Why is the idea of "Pay it Forward" important?
Because if all of us do something nice for each other this world could become a better place.

Has your act of kindness made a difference?
My act of kindness may have been small but it sure made a difference to those at the Canadian mental Heath Agency who now have toys for their new family room, and at harvest I made a difference when those orders went out to places that needed them.


No comments:

Post a Comment